Thursday 17 May 2007

A Moment to Breathe ~

Just came home from college ^^

Student leader training had started on Wednesday! It will be a 3 day training, commencing on the 16th of May till 18th of May (Wed to Fri). All successful applicants (for student leaders) are compulsory to join this camp.

First day of the training was bad. I arrived at college at about 8. 20am. The activities started at around 9am. It was a bad start. Wilson could not handle the crowd. The student leaders are/were overpowering. Wilson raised his voice, but the student leaders were not bothered. Poor Wilson! Mr Chew, advisor for this training, kept shaking his head side ways. It was a total disaster.

The ice breaking session was not too sucessful too. Some of the committee members said that the student leaders did not understand the purpose of letting them play ice breaking games -- which was to expose them to various types of ice breaking techniques, so they can use in Orientation next week. Some said Leo, our SOT course marshal was too soft spoken.

After lunch, we continued with our team building activities -- before that, those who arrived late were scolded pretty badly by Mr. Chew -- he is famous for his "sacastic remarks". Come to think about it, I do not really like Mr. Chew. He is a bit too open -- tell people off in front of the public. Biggest victim -- Poor Wilson!

We, the Orientation Committee were all chased out from the hall/function room -- Mr. Chew wanted to have a private word with the student leaders. Gosh! We were abandoned outside the hall for like...30-40 mins! I showed John, the MC for Orientation my work--Lone fighter. Wow! I need to say that he's really a good actor! He acted out my "script" so..dramatically! Jordan joined in this..insanity! It was outrageous! lol! Jordan said I should have put in some "back to the future" elements. haha! He has a good sense of humour -- that I should draw out my mighty sword, together with characters of the story, publish them as comics, make sure Steven Spielberg directs the movie >.< Jordan asked me to send him such stories next time. Will there be next time? haha.

That night, we went to the coffee shop opposite my secondary school for dinner. Four tables side by side, I could say we were the center of attention. We talked, we laughed, we enjoyed ourselves-- Remy, Kok Loong, Joo Sim, her boyfriend, John, Leo, Vincent, Wilson, Wei Hong Jordan, Yean Ling, See Fouw, Chee Kheng, Wen Khang....Wei Hong, Yean Ling and I adjourned to Pulau Tikus market for some desert after dropping poor Wilson home (he was really worn out, but had to prepare stuff for training next day). Took "Bu Bu Cha Cha" , yean ling took ice kacang. Chatted about the committee, rated the training of the day...well, our conclusion was --a bad start. Mr Chew would just jump in and stop the facilitators from conducting the activity ( maybe because we were too lousy).

Added on nighmare --> to find a cockroach on the wall when I was bathing late at night. You could let your imagination run wild -- picture my horrified looks, how I sweated profusely, how I took the broom and stared at the cockroach for 15 mins without moving. It was the worst encounter -- I had no one to turn to, I was all on my own. Haih! So bad! Aunty Amy and Uncle Nick had gone to bed, no one was downstairs. My mom, whom I have smsed to and told her my situation, asked me to just hit the damn cockroach, since it's harmless. She gave me a cold reply though, perhaps she was in a haste to sleep.

Hey! This is a type of PHOBIA !!! Can no one understand ?!! Haih! Sigh to the end! you know what I did in the end? I rolled my eyes, gave a deep sigh, walked out of the bathroom, ledged the door and kept the broom. Pathetic! I am such a coward! I did not kill the "harmful creature" like mom said. Oh LoRd! GOD knows I was so freaked out! I used the floor mat to cover the tiny door gap below. Prayed really hard, wished that the stupid roach would disappear!

Woke up 10 mins earlier than planned, "inspected" the bathroom -- Guess what! GOD answered my prayers. Cockroach! Gone with the wind! into the toilet bowl I think! hohoho! I felt like greeting everyone "Merry Christmas!"..so happy! thank you once again, LoRd!!!! I am so thankful! I believe in the miracles God can perform. Thank you, Jesus.

Second day, a better day I could say. Wilson was firmer this time. He made his stand, voiced his determination, silence means silence. He somehow made an agreement with the student leaders--which was a good thing ^^ We are better in controling the crowd now, unlike the first day--chaotic.

Had telematch earlier on. The word for the day was -- SOAKED. I was wet from head to toe. Water balloons, buckets of water -- how could you not get wet? It was impossible.haha! It was fun, to be splashed with pipe water....and soup water! Ewwe!! It did not taste good >.< At the end of the day, no one was....dry (for those involved in Telematch), except those who were good at avoiding. hohoh! You'll be dead next time!! Hahahah! I swear I'll get my hands on you and finish you off!

Dinner at hawker centre near Island Plaza -- together with Jordan & Co, KokLoong & gang. Took Ee Foo Mee again of course! Mom and dad came to pick me up at Island Plaza at about 9. 10pm -- The others gone for snooker, some went home. I believe dad enjoyed his trip to China..and mom will enjoy hers too. As for me, well, I trust that I will have fun during Orientation Week!!

No comments: